- more dangerous lice and what pediculosis
- Causes of lice
- Symptoms of lice
- Methods for treating lice
- Preventing lice
Lice are parasites, that is, living beings, parasitic on the surface of another livingthe body, nourish and living at his expense.In the specific case, the lice are parasitic on the hairy parts of the body.Most often, it is the head, as there are so many hair and skin epidermis thin head that allows you to freely eat the blood of the host.However, in some cases, lice can also parasitize on pubic hair (pubic lice).
Lice belong to the class of insects, appearance of small (0.4-6 mm) size, the body has a flattened shape with an enlarged, as compared with a head, abdomen.Piercing-sucking mouthparts causes a parasitic way of life.
When piercing the skin is allocated a certain amount of saliva, which inhibits blood clotting, while the bite is accompanied by symptoms such as skin irritation and severe itching.
louse, on average, live about 40 days.Without food, that is,
more dangerous lice and what pediculosis
Since feed lice blood, their mouthparts adapted to puncture the upper layers of the skin, and therefore, they can carry a variety of diseases, some of which may be so dangerous as a return or typhus and manyothers.Lice actively begin to develop in the conditions of natural disasters, when people can not observe basic rules of hygiene.
In Latin, the human louse sounds as Pediculus humanus.Hence the name of the disease, pediculosis.
The female louse lays a time to several hundred eggs, the so-called nits.Within 10 days of the eggs shows the younger generation of lice and lice develops.If you do not start proper treatment, within a month or two lice simply will seize his master.
Causes of lice
Since such parasites as lice appear in areas of poor sanitation, the main reason for their occurrence is a failure to comply with the elementary rules of hygiene.
Lice can be transmitted:
- After bedding, underwear;
- Through hats and other items for personal use, related to the head;
- through water in swimming pools and other small water bodies of standing water in which is updated quickly enough;
In some cases, localized and lice lay eggs in the folds, seams of clothes, where they are difficult to detect, and on the body they go to feed.In such cases, heavily affected areas such as the armpits, groin, back, where all clothes denser adjacent to the body.
Lice can develop under the following conditions:
- on a long journey, traveling, when there is no possibility of personal hygiene;
- for seasonal work;
- in kindergartens and schools, where children occurs close contact;
- In other places where large numbers of people (hospitals, trains, resorts).
In such places, it is important to attach great importance to prevention and disinfectant measures, as well as to carry out deratization of premises.Subject to all rules, parasites and prevented the development of such places are safe for people.to the content ↑
Symptoms of lice
With the development of severe lesions lice head observed in the occipital and temporal region.In these places, the following characteristic symptoms occur:
- Severe itching of the skin, which leads to scratching of the skin to the blood;
- affected skin may fester, forming abscesses, boils;
- Prolonged lice skin thickens, sometimes pigmented;
- If visual examination can detect nits on the hair, which cling to hair and legs are approximately 1 cm above the root of the hair.
Methods for treating lice cure lice
possible.To do this, selected drugs, which act on the lice, inhibiting their ability to live and killing them.However, in order to get rid of lice and nits in the hair, will have a long time to comb their comb from her hair.
For a good result the destruction of lice and nits procedure should be carried out several times.After each treatment the hair preparations have to comb out the dead parasites.
The pharmacy offers a wide range of drugs that are sold without a prescription.These drugs are effective in the fight against lice.However, the composition of these drugs include quite dangerous substances, pesticides, so use drugs should be strictly according to instructions, observing all safety precautions.
For the treatment of head lice, the following modern drugs:
- «Nittifor" in the form of a cream and solution;
- «Pair plus" in the form of an aerosol;
- «Medifoks" in the form of an emulsion, gel;
- «Knicks" in the form of a cream;
- «Pedeks" in the form of gel and lotion;
- Permetrinovaya ointment;
- Shampoo "Higiya";
- Cream Shampoo "Nok";
lice treatment may be carried out in the home, without the help of specialists, but in some cases, be sure to consult with your doctor:
- If the child is less than two years (many drugs at that age is prohibited, it is necessary that the doctor picked permitteda drug);
- If your child has asthma or suffering allergic reactions;
- If nits are found on the eyebrows, eyelashes.
the treatment to observe the following rules:
- Do not use lice more than one tool at a time;
- Follow the instructions to the drug;
- Do not dry the hair dryer after a hair treatment antiparasitic drugs, because some of them contain flammable substances;
- Do not use conditioners, hair masks before applying the medication against lice;
- Do not wash your hair after treatment up to 2 days;
- Do not use veterinary antiparasitic medicines for animals;
- Do not use the same medication more than three times in a row, since it is clear evidence that it does not help you.It must be replaced.
The most important methods of prevention of this unpleasant disease as pediculosis, is the observance of elementary rules of your body care products.
- Regular shampooing (at least once a week) with quality and suitable for cosmetic hair type;
- Regular change of underwear;
- Regular change of bed linen;
- Hair Care, combing;
- personal hygiene rules;
- Limit contact with people who may lice, because of their poor hygiene, living conditions;
- sharing things Limit personal use, clothing;
- Avoiding use of a team of children's comb, bobby pins, rubber bands and other care facilities;
- regular checkups to prevent epidemics.