Hysteromyoma belongs to the category of hormone-dependent benign tumors and may develop directly in the uterine wall, under the mucous membrane and on its surface.uterine size at the same time can range from a small nodule to a tumor weighing 1 kilogram.There is also a multiple fibroids, which consist of several seals.Modern medicine uses therapy (hormone therapy) and surgical treatments.
Surgical intervention in this disease occurs if:
- tumor development occurs very rapidly, and at the same time there is pressure on neighboring organs;
- tumor provokes intense and heavy bleeding leading to anemia;
- size of fibroids is more than 12 weeks;
- necrosis occurs miomnogo node;
- pronounced pain;
- have related gynecological diseases (endometriosis, ovarian tumors);
- observed miscarriage (infertility);
- there is a possibility of the degeneration of fibroids benign tumor into a malignant.
method and the type of surgery depends on the size of the fibroids and miomnyh sites, their location, comorbidities, age
To date, medicine offers three main methods of surgical intervention:
- radical surgery.
This method of surgery involves the preservation of healthy body of the uterus while removing fibroids, and is one of the most effective methods of removing fibroids small size, while maintaining the reproductive function of the female body.Distinguish:
- Laparoscopic myomectomy.The operation is performed using a laparoscope.In the abdominal cavity through a small puncture injected instrument with a miniature video camera and special surgical instruments.The most effective method to remove such subserous nodes.In this type of surgery there is quite a successful healing process adhesions and postoperative rehabilitation.The disadvantages of this operation include the likelihood of re-sealing, and therefore, we recommend that constant medical supervision.
- laparotomy myomectomy.The tumor is removed through an incision in the abdominal wall that is favorable compared to the repair of the uterine wall.The disadvantages of this operation include a longer body's recovery after its implementation.
- hysteroresectoscopy (hysteroscopic myomectomy). special tool, with which there is a removal of the tumor, is inserted through the vagina into the uterus.Use this method of treatment in submucous location node, at a certain uterine development, and applies to more sparing methods of surgical intervention, as can still be a natural delivery through the birth canal.
This procedure is the holding sealing blood vessels, causing blood flow stops in the fibroids, which leads to a reduction in their growth and the gradual withering away.The operation is performed under local anesthesia by introducing a catheter embolization solution into the femoral artery.The particles of the solution, leading to a "drying up" fibroids do not adversely affect the healthy uterine tissue and mucosa.Embolization eliminates the occurrence of relapse and the emergence of new miomnyh nodes.This surgery is painless, preserves the uterus, which makes it possible to follow the woman to get pregnant, does not lead to any complications, and allows you to be discharged from the hospital in a short time.However, despite certain advantages embolization may have some complications are manifested in the form of allergic reactions and the occurrence of hematomas in vascular puncture sites, there is also a risk of infection.
In severe cases, this disease used a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus).After such an operation, the reproductive function of women is lost forever, so appoint a hysterectomy for women is not planning a pregnancy or a very severe form of the disease.
Indications for hysterectomy:
- fast paced growth of fibroids and fibroids;
- very large size of the tumor;
- advanced stages of the disease.
Hysterectomy is performed through an incision in the abdomen (open pit) or through small holes (laparoscopy).
In order to maintain the hormonal status of women and to minimize the impact on her sexual function, using radical surgery, patients retain the cervix and appendages, while removing only the uterus body.Removal of all organs (uterus, cervix and appendages) occurs very rarely and only in the event of defeat.