- Symptoms and photos of skin cancer
- Causes of skin cancer
- stages of skin cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer
- Preventing disease
Skin cancer is a malignant tumor arising from the epithelial cells of the skin.The disease can develop in almost everyone, regardless of gender and age, but for some reason still appears only in certain risk groups.This group includes the elderly (mostly after age 60), skinned, long time being in the sun.
Unfortunately, according to statistics of skin cancer is the 3rd place among other cancers. most common form of skin cancer is
- basal cell carcinoma,
- less common squamous, called melanoma,
- form of cancer that develops from the skin appendages.
Most often, cancer affects areas of the body such as
Symptoms of skin cancer and photo
Cancer is a very dangerous disease, and yet because it is a long time can not be yourself, and therefore, respectively diagnosed at the time when successful treatment is difficult, that is, at a later stage.
In such cases, great importance is attentive to the health of human, timely and regular treatment for medical advice, examination in the event of any doubt.
Basal cell carcinoma (basal cell carcinoma)
Squamous cell cancer (melanoma)
main pronounced cancer symptoms are as follows:
- constant feeling of fatigue, exhaustion from any activities;
- weight loss with no apparent physical stress and stressful situations;
- Loss of appetite, unwillingness to eat;
- persist for a long period of temperature (usually in the region of 37 ° C);
- Enlarged lymph nodes, clearly palpable;
- Change the color, shape, or an increase in the size of moles;
- In the later stages to the common symptoms joins a clear symptom of the pain;
Causes of skin cancer
Skin cancer can develop in almost every human being.But the most susceptible to this disease the following groups of people:
- with fair skin who are genetically programmed to lower the amount of melanin in the skin's structure;
- old age;
- genetic predisposition to the development of tumors;
- Having a disease that belongs to the list of pre-conditions:
- Bowen's disease;
- erythroplasia Keir;
- xeroderma pigmentosum;
- Senile keratome;
- Cutaneous horn;
- Melanomoopasnye pigmented nevi;
- other chronic inflammatory diseases of the skin;
- prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
In addition, the causes of the development of skin cancer may include the following:
- Exposure of the skin to certain chemicals, which are hazardous carcinogenic.These substances include tar, components of tobacco products, lubricants, arsenic and its compounds;
- incorrect, inadequate diet, consumed a large amount of harmful substances in varying degrees are carcinogenic.These may be products containing nitrates, nitrites and smoked, canned, and pickled products containing a lot of fat;
- Exposure of the skin radiation;
- Exposure of the skin and the heat radiation thermal factors;
- Mechanical damage (injury, cut) a mole;
- traumatic scarred tissue on the skin;
- as complications after suffering radiation dermatitis;
- of cancer in situ burning.
stages of skin cancer
- First, the zero stage - cancer cells affect mainly the upper layers of the skin, tumor thickness less than 2 mm.This step is subject to a complete cure;
- second stage - tumor thickness is 4 mm.With adequate treatment, the chance of survival is 50%;
- third stage - there are metastases of the lymphatic system, severe visible lesions.Chances are 30%;
- fourth stage - metastases affect the entire body.The survival rate is very low, only 20%.
Diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer
If you are concerned about any unexplained symptoms, and at the same time you notice a change in his health condition, you must consult your doctor immediately.Not many know that the diagnosis and therefore treatment is started, in the early stages significantly increases the chances of a successful outcome of this disease.
Modern medicine has a huge variety of methods of detection and confirmation of the diagnosis.There are some methods:
- blood analysis from a vein on certain tumor markers.Unfortunately, such a study is carried out only a dot for a certain organ or organ system.So, to detect cancer in the body, need to do a lot of research.Therefore, resorting to such a method where the estimated localization known disease, to confirm, so to speak;
- Screening studies;
- Histological studies;
- cytological studies;
great importance is the self-examination of human homes.With regular and careful inspection of the person may be the chief diagnostician.
When choosing a method of treatment takes into account not only the stage of the cancer, but also the physiological characteristics of the body, the patient's age, location and type of cancer .Adequately chosen treatment gives a 50% success rate in the treatment of skin cancer.
- Radiation therapy is the main treatment.It helps in the early stages;
- Medication helps in treatment and in the initial stages;
- Surgery in most cases, to get rid of pathological tissues;
- Modern techniques: cryosurgery, laser photocoagulation;
- Traditional methods of treating skin cancer:. Yeast, juniper and other compresses
In order to develop appropriate rules to help in the prevention of skin cancer, it is necessary to study in detail the causes of the disease and to exclude theminfluence.
- fair-skinned people with great care to stay in the sun, observing the rules and regulations;
- People with diseases of the skin to carry out timely and quality treatment;
- undergoing planned preventive examinations, regardless of their state of health;
- Quit Smoking;
- Exclude from the diet foods have carcinogenic effects;
- limited effect on the skin of substances adversely affecting the skin (radiation, radiation, chemistry).
According to statistics, deaths from skin cancer and is one of the latest places among other cancers, but still the best option is prevention and prevention of this disease.