- Why do they appear
- Development warts and types
- why they should be treated Treatment of warts
- Traditional ways of treating warts
Warts are benign viral on the skin.The reason for their appearance is the human papilloma virus (briefly - HPV).Outwardly, they look like a nodule or papilla.Warts appear most commonly in children.
Although they do not represent a great danger, they should be treated as warts can become inflamed, swell.In addition, they are contagious.
Why do they appear
contracted the virus very easily.This occurs in the presence of micro traumas on the skin:
- by direct contact with a carrier;
- when visiting public places without the necessary protective clothing (eg as a result of walking barefoot in saunas, baths, pools);
- through clothing, personal care products, household items.
incubation period can last from 2 to 6 months.Strong, healthy body can easily cope with the virus.Reproduction of the pathogen of the disease and the progression of the disease contribute to several factors:
- weakening the body's defenses;
- unbalanced diet;
- violation of the sleep and rest;
- vitamin deficiency;
- lack of fresh air;
- presence of micro traumas to the skin and microcracks;
- failure to comply with the rules of hygiene;
- excessive sweating of the palms and soles;
- hormonal disorders;
- bad environment;
- elevated levels of radiation.
favorable backdrop for the spread of the virus and the development of warts is a high temperature and high humidity.For this reason, the most dangerous in the degree of probability of infection are gyms, sports halls, swimming pools, saunas.
Development warts and types
After penetration abrasions, scratches, microcracks virus enters the bloodstream.Its DNA into the human genome starts the cell proliferation that leads to an increase in blood flow to the affected area.As a result of this process are provided with favorable conditions for rapid growth of the cells.To do this, sometimes it takes only 7 to 14 days, in some cases, the process can take several months.
Warts on hands are of two types:
- vulgar, or simple;
Vulgar more often localized on the fingers, back of the hand, palms, do not lead to painful sensations, rarely appear on the face or mucous membranes.
Their pathogen is the most common type of virus Verruca vulgaris, are "responsible" for the appearance of the vast majority of skin tumors.
Common warts are dense rounded nodules with a diameter of 0.3 to 1 cm. Colour formation can vary from yellow-pink to light brown, in some cases, no different from the color.
Warts have a rough surface.Typically, multiple tumors occur as the virus spreads.One of them - the largest - is the parent wart, others are located in the surrounding areas and concede to it in size.
In some cases, the removal of warts parent leads to self-destruct others.
second title of flat warts - youth, because they occur most often in children and young people aged up to 30 years.They account for 4% of tumors.Flat warts affect the skin of the hands, fingers, face, mucous membranes.
Their diameter is 3 mm, the surface is smooth, smooth, rounded shape, the color - from corporal to yellowish.to the content ↑
Why do they need to be treated
Many tend to ignore the appearance of warts or trying to get rid of them yourself.
wart itself is not particularly at risk, but it is an indication of a malfunction of the immune system.
Warts can not be ignored, since:
- even the appearance of tumors increases the likelihood of spread to healthy skin;
- tear, injury warts can cause penetration of secondary infection, and encourage the spread of the virus;
- presence of warts, especially on the hands and fingers, is a source of infection to others, in particular - relatives, friends, colleagues;
- despite the widespread belief that the vulgar warts are not oncogenic, there is a risk of degeneration into malignant.
However, in the absence of an independent regression is recommended to remove them.
wart removal is mandatory in the following cases:
- if it changes color;
- if the wart bleeds or gets wet;
- if the surface is uneven;
- when a child neoplasms;
- under constant friction, pressure, and other mechanical damage;
- at risk of strain;
- while causing aesthetic and psychological discomfort.
Treatment of warts
Modern medicine offers many ways to remove warts.However, it should be noted that none of them is a 100% guarantee of getting rid of tumors because of its viral origin.
To reduce the likelihood of relapse treatment should be carried out in parallel steps to improve the body's defenses and strengthen the immune system.To do this:
- taking immunomodulating drugs;
- enrich the diet with minerals and vitamins;
- go on a healthy diet;
- give up bad habits;
- avoid nervous tension;
- improve stress tolerance;
- normalize rest and sleep;
- possibly more fresh air.
most popular ways to remove warts are:
- Electrocoagulation .The method consists of subjecting the high frequency current of the tumor, resulting in damaged and wart disappears.Simultaneously, the disinfection of the skin, the virus closes access to healthy tissues, thus preventing its spread.The advantage of this method is bloodless, but after the procedure is a minor scar.Electrocoagulation is suitable for treating small warts with a shallow root on the palms, fingers.
- laser method is considered the best in terms of cosmetic effect, because after the procedure does not remain scars.It is painless, sterile, fast (takes several minutes), with a short recovery period, but quite expensive.The specialist has the ability to control the intensity of exposure.Wart removal can be subjected to histological examination.
- Cryotherapy - moxibustion tumors with liquid nitrogen.The method is quite simple and painless, does not leave scars, but to date it has lost its relevance, since it does not make it possible to control the depth of cold exposure, resulting in saving there is a risk of infected tissue.In many cases, a repeat procedure.After cryotherapy for 24-48 hours can be maintained pain treated areas.Often there are bubbles: they need to be treated with a solution of potassium permanganate (approximately 7 days).
- Radiowave surgery .The method consists in the context of tissue tumors with high frequency wave.Directional impact energy causes evaporation of infected cells while the sides apart of the surrounding tissues.Operation completely painless, because radio waves do not affect the nerve endings.
- Surgical removal of warts - practiced in the most extreme case.
Traditional ways of treating warts
Traditional medicine offers a simple and effective ways to treat warts:
- few times a day to handle the affected skin potatoes, onion or apple juice.
- Grease wart extract onion.Preparation: cook the onion with husk and leave to infuse for a few hours.
- Grease wart juice of celandine.
- daily processing neoplasm garlic.
- celandine herbs milled, mixed with Vaseline.The resulting cream to lubricate the affected skin.
- Cauterize wart acetic acid (the procedure is best done before bedtime).