- Causes inguinal hernia
- Types of inguinal hernia
- Symptoms of inguinal hernia
- Treatment and prevention
Inguinal hernia is a condition in which damaged or weakened abdominal wall, and the part of the peritoneum begins to penetrate thegroin.Although at first glance, nothing wrong with that, in fact, is a condition not only brings discomfort to sick people, but also can lead to serious consequences.
According to statistics, an inguinal hernia is almost 10 times more often in men than in women, so women sometimes encounter some problems to see a doctor.Doctors can write off the pain and other unpleasant symptoms for many other female pathologies, not paying attention to the possibility of an inguinal hernia, so often need advice of several specialists and carry out a compre
Causes inguinal hernia
In women, the development of an inguinal hernia is often associated with physiological weakness of the muscles in the groin area.Most hernias occur in patients in those places where the uterus using a connective tissue attached to other tissues in the region of the pubic bone.Trigger the development of such complications can be a lot of pressure on the lower abdomen that is often associated with excess weight, pregnancy, chronic constipation, chronic cough, and with a very intense physical exercise (training or working conditions).
vertical body position is always increases the load on the bottom of the abdomen, so the hernia may occur when activities that are linked to the necessity of a long standing or sitting.In some cases, their influence and have a hereditary factors - a congenital weakness of the connective tissue or anatomy.to the content ↑
Types of inguinal hernia
Inguinal hernia is most often associated with muscle weakness in this area.However, this pathology is still more characteristic of men.In the embodiment, the female hernia often develops in the tissues, which are located in the uterus and vagina compound.Femoral hernia, in turn, is characterized by the formation of the bag in the upper thigh.This type of hernia is associated with the groin, as it is in the inguinal folds formed protrusion from her.
- Direct - occurs in both men and women.In this case it falls partially into the bowel interior of the groin and forms a loop there, and that becomes the cause of characteristic protrusion.This type of pathology occurs more frequently as adults.In most cases, the disease provokes a heavy physical work, so the standard of care is considered to be surgery.If you do not eliminate the damaging factor, and the need to re-operation can all be repeated after some time.In the event that no further complications arise, we can talk about the failure of the surgical treatment.
- Femoral - most often diagnosed in women.The reason for its formation are pregnancy and childbirth, protrusion of internal organs occurs precisely because of the weakness of the muscles in this place.To cure this pathology can be quite easily - and for surgical treatment in modern conditions often used endoscopic surgery, do not leave visible traces on the body.
most common inguinal hernia in pregnant women, young children, people with obesity, aging.to the content ↑
Symptoms of inguinal hernia
In most cases, symptoms of inguinal hernia becomes a "swelling" of a region, "projection" in the groin, which is noticeable during exercise or emptying of the bladder and bowel.Sometimes there is a feeling of pain or discomfort in the body while standing or sitting, and this projection is negligible with horizontal position, it can only be seen standing.In particularly serious cases, an inguinal hernia can cause fever, tachycardia, nausea - the appearance of these symptoms suspicious for the development of infringements, serious complication of the disease, which can only eliminate abdominal surgery.
Treatment and prevention
most effective treatment for inguinal hernia surgery is considered.In adulthood operation is necessary only when the hernia causes discomfort or is an obstacle for normal blood circulation, as well as when there is a threat of infringement of hernia or hernia sac inflammation.In some cases, we recommend dynamic monitoring, the results of which will be a visible need for surgery.
conduct surgery in this case should be in two ways:
- Open surgery is performed under the context of the groin;
- Laparoscopic surgery is performed through several small incisions in the abdomen.
In any case, an inguinal hernia is operated solely under general anesthesia.In some special cases, the doctor may recommend a spinal or local anesthesia.Back to normal, patients can usually within 2 weeks.
Prevention inguinal hernia is, first of all, in the removal of traumatic factors.That is why you need to watch your weight, maintain a healthy lifestyle, avoid heavy lifting, exercise at least in small quantities.It is also important to eat right, since the presence of adequate amounts of dietary fiber diet can help prevent constipation, which are also traumatic factors.