- development and causes pathology
- Types and symptoms bartholinitis
- diagnostic methods
- Treatment bartholinitis
Bartolini - a disease caused by the presence of acute inflammation in the Bartholin gland.It paired organ located at the entrance to the vagina - and more specifically, between the bases of the labia, inside the tissue.Its ducts open on the internal surface of the labia minora.
main function of Bartholin's gland is to ensure wetting of the vaginal opening by releasing mucous viscous secretion grayish hue.When Bartolini inflammatory process affects both the gland tissue and ducts.The disease can occur at any age.With timely treatment can get rid of it in a relatively short period of time.
development and causes pathology
disease develops as a result of falling into the Bartholin gland pathogen.In most cases this gonococci, chlamydia or trichomonas - microorganisms that trigger such sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, chlamydia and trichomoniasis.
bartholinitis Activators can also be:
- E. coli.
In many cases, the pathology develops due to the presence of 2-3 kinds of pathogens.
infection gets into the gland in four ways:
1. Right through ducts.This can happen:
- due to poor personal hygiene (especially during the critical days);
- as a result of indiscriminate sexual activity without the use of barrier contraceptives.
2. By means of blood flow in certain chronic diseases:
3. From the urethra: the urethra.
4. From the vagina: the coleitis.
Bartholinitis may develop as a result of:
- weakening the body's defenses;
- surgical intervention on the organs of the urogenital system;
In the latter two cases, the risk is particularly increased if non-compliance with health standards and abuse of postoperative period.
probability of developing the disease rises repeatedly in the following circumstances:
- available microtrauma serving gateway for germs;
- habit of wearing tight underwear that violates the secret of flight, resulting in it becoming stagnant and creating favorable conditions for the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms in the ducts.
Types and symptoms bartholinitis
Symptoms depend on the form of its occurrence and localization of the inflammatory process.
In connection with the current release features two types bartholinitis:
On localization of the lesion are distinguished:
- Kanalikulit in which inflamed excretory duct of the gland.
- abscess or ulcer.
- Kista (formation of cavities filled with fluid).
In most cases, the inflammatory process is unilateral - bilateral inflammation characteristic of gonococcal infection.At an early stage of the disease develops kanalikulit, later turning into Bartolini.
When kanalikulite general condition of the patient remains almost unchanged.The survey reveals:
- slight redness of the skin around the exit point on the surface of the gland duct (reason is the release of the secret);
- clear duct probing;
- with pressure on the duct, a small quantity of pus;
- discomfort during movement.
Increased swelling causes the rapid spread of inflammation, which covers the gland itself, which leads to the development of bartholinitis.The gland lobules formed by the accumulation and gradual festering secretion, leading to a false abscess Bartholin gland
false abscess Bartholin gland
Symptoms are divided into general and local.
- acute onset of severe pain, localized at the site of the formation of an abscess.The intensity of pain increases when sitting, during the walk, sex, going to the toilet.
- considerable discomfort.
- high temperature - up to 39 degrees.
- swelling of the affected labia majora.At its severity may complete overlap entrance to the vagina.
- flushing of the skin with the preservation of mobility.
- soreness when touched.
progression of pathology swelling softened (with pressure fluctuation occurs), which means the appearance of pus inside the prostate capsule and the development of a true abscess Bartholin gland.
mainly common symptoms are as follows:
- significant deterioration of the general condition.
- Increasing the temperature to 40 degrees.
- Symptoms of intoxication: chill, headache, weakness.
- Increased pain in a great sex bay, which is localized cyst.The pain becomes throbbing, sharp and constant.
- blood test reveals an increase of leucocyte and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR).
- significant swelling of the affected labia majora or both the lips (7 cm).
- Severe redness and stiffness of the skin over the swelling.
- sharp pain when touching the tumor.
- Increase inguinal lymph nodes (observed in some cases).
possible independent autopsy abscess, in which there is a marked improvement in the patient's status:
- normalization of body temperature;
- decrease puffiness;
- easing pain.
However, a significant stabilization of the state does not mean the recovery.The resulting capsule is not emptied.Remaining inside the prostate infection can cause recurrent abscess.Under no circumstances should one try to squeeze an abscess yourself, because this infection can get into the bloodstream, spread throughout the body and lead to sepsis.
For subacute form is characterized by bartholinitis erased symptoms - both general and local:
- slight pain;
- body temperature within normal limits;
- stable general condition without any significant changes.
Acute and subacute variety bartholinitis can become chronic and lead to the development of cysts in a large gland at the entrance to the vagina.
to chronic form is characterized by alternating periods of exacerbation and temporary improvement.
cause of exacerbations can be:
- decreased immunity;
- presence of some opportunistic infections.
signs of chronic bartholinitis are:
- seal in the affected gland;
- slight pain;
- normal or low-grade fever;
- discomfort during movement.
Prolonged course of chronic forms of the disease can lead to the formation of small cysts , inside which is an inflammatory exudate.to the content ↑
main diagnostic activities are:
- examination of the patient;
- medical history;
- bacterial seeding secretions to determine the pathogen and its sensitivity to certain antibiotics;
- holding polirazmernoy chain reaction (PCR - diagnosis).
The easiest treatment is kanalikulita as if it had no microorganisms penetrate to great depths.Patients prescribed a course of antibiotics or other medicines antibacterial profile.
Before prescribing the drug certainly taken the material for laboratory tests to determine the type of pathogens and to clarify its sensitivity to antibiotics.This method significantly increases the effectiveness of subsequent treatment.
excellent result gives a warm welcome trays with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.At the center of inflammation applied an ice pack.The procedure can be performed 3-4 times per day.Its duration should be 1 hour.
also recommended the use of applications, but only until the symptom fluctuations.Conducting
symptomatic therapy is the use of anti-inflammatory agents, analgesics, vitamins.
Beginning with 3 or 4 days, after some stabilization of the patient, physical therapy is used: UV irradiation, UHF.
If there psevdoabstsessa surgical treatment, called « marsupalizatsiya ».After anesthesia using probing defines where the most pronounced fluctuations.At this point the dissected gland excretory duct, whereupon the mucous evert outwardly and sutured to the mucosa of vulva.
At relapse of the disease, the emergence of new cysts and abscesses may be decided on the complete removal of the Bartholin gland.
As with the false and true at gonococcal abscess genesis simultaneously with surgery prescribed course of antibacterial drugs.Their dose selected individually.