- Mechanisms of
- symptoms of atrophic vaginitis
- disease diagnosis
- treatment of atrophic vaginitis
- What offers traditional medicine?
Senile (atrophic) coleitis - a disease associated with inflammation in the vaginal mucosa.Other names: postmenopausal atrophic vaginitis, senile vaginitis.
pathology associated primarily with a decrease in estrogen levels in the body, leading to a significant thinning of the multilayer flat epithelium lining the inner wall of the vagina.The main symptoms of the disease are vaginal dryness, pruritus, dyspareunia.Often there is an inflammatory reaction of recurrent nature.Atrophic coleitis affects about 40% of women who have entered menopause.(See. "What is menopause in women»)
As already noted, the disease most often appears on the background of menopause due to related changes in the body.His first symptoms generally occur after 5-6 years after the onset of menopause - both natural and artificial (was the result of some radical surge
main cause of vaginitis is the lack of female sex.. hormones - estrogens Their deficiency leads to the following phenomena:
- slows down and then stops proliferation (proliferation) of the vaginal epithelium;
- thins the mucous membrane;
- reduced secretion located in the vagina glands;
- reduced number of lactobacilli;
- disturbed microflora, resulting in increasing the pH level;
- increased vulnerability of the vaginal walls;
- there is a significant vaginal dryness;
- activated internal conditionally pathogenic flora;
- conditions for the penetration of pathogenic bacteria from the outside.
mucosal injury that may occur during a pelvic exam and other medical procedures, with intimate contact and create conditions for the smooth penetration of infection.The weakening of the body's defenses, and extragenital diseases with chronic lead to the development of non-specific inflammatory reaction of the vaginal mucosa.In this senile coleitis becomes recurrent form.
most susceptible women the following categories:
- reached menopause or early menopause;
- had undergone surgery to remove the ovaries;
- past radiotherapy any organs located in the pelvis;
- carriers of the human immunodeficiency virus;
- suffering from hypothyroidism (low thyroid function), diabetes, other diseases of the endocrine system;
- having a weak immune system.
development of the disease can help:
- failure to comply with the rules of hygiene of genitals;
- frequent (especially unprotected) sex;
- abuse hygiene products - in particular, flavored gels, soap with antibacterial properties that violate the acid-base balance;
- wearing synthetic clothes: synthetic materials close air and create favorable conditions for the breeding of pathogens.
symptoms of atrophic vaginitis
for atrophic vaginitis is characterized by a weak manifestation of symptoms and sluggish flow.At an early stage of the disease is almost impossible to detect.From time to time may appear minor pain.With the development of the pathological process of the following symptoms are observed:
- vaginal discharge, often beleobraznye, mixed with blood and an unpleasant odor;
- itching of the external genitalia;
- vaginal dryness;
- pain in the vulva, often burning - its intensity increases when urinating and during the hygiene procedures;
- pain during intercourse;
- redness of the vaginal mucosa;
- frequent urination (appears as a result of trophic changes in the walls of the bladder and the pelvic floor muscles);
- may occur as urinary incontinence during physical exertion.
Senile coleitis diagnosed by the following methods:
- gynecological examination with the help of mirrors;
- microscopy and cytology;
- definition of acid-base balance (pH);
- extended colposcopy.
gynecological examination experience the following symptoms:
- pallor and atrophy of the mucous membrane;
- presence of micro-cracks and areas without epithelium;
- thinning mucous bleeding when touched;
- focal or diffuse flushing the vagina with purulent secretions or raids greyish (observed in a secondary infection).
Microscopic analysis is fixed:
- drastic reduction of the proportion of vaginal sticks;
- increase in the number of white blood cells;
- presence of various opportunistic pathogens.
colpocytologic examination reveals the typical changes of atrophic nature of the phenomenon, the increase in the pH level.
Sample Schiller shows the uneven weak staining.
If necessary, also appointed by the study of the cervical and vaginal secretions to avoid sexually transmitted diseases and specific causes of vaginitis.For this purpose, use one of the basic techniques of molecular biology - polymerase chain reaction.to the content ↑
treatment of atrophic vaginitis
main goal of treatment of senile coleitis - restore trophism of the vaginal epithelium and prevent relapse.The mainstay of treatment is local and systemic hormone replacement therapy.
- apply topical preparations - ovestin, estriol in the form of ointments or suppositories.They are inserted into the vagina.Course duration is 14 days.
- From the systemic effects of medications prescribed: estradiol, Angelica, klimodien, indivina, kliogest, tibolone.Their use in tablet form or in patches.Hormone therapy system should be carried out for quite a long time - up to 5 years.
- also recommended the use of herbal medicines - phytoestrogens.
- In particular coleitis given pathogen spend therapy aimed at eliminating the causes of the disease (so-called local causal treatment).
- If there is frequent urination, you must apply uroseptiki: antibiotics, nutrofurany, sulfonamides quinolone derivatives, etc.
- If due to some reasons is contraindicated estrogen (eg, in the presence of diseases such as endometrial cancer, arterial or venous thromboembolism, breast tumor, liver disease, myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, bleeding of different etiology), for the treatment of senile vaginitisapply:
- Baths with the addition of infusions of herbs: chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort.They have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, restorative (restoring) action.
To determine the effectiveness of the measures use methods:
- dynamic colposcopy;
- vaginal pH meter.
offers What is traditional medicine?
for more effective treatment of traditional methods can be completed using the recommended means of folk medicine.
- Prepare a very weak infusion celandine herbs.Take small sips three times a day.
- Mix equal proportions of sage, peppermint, nettle, sweet clover, licorice root, skullcap Baikal, rose hips.Tablespoon of the mixture pour 200 ml boiling water, to insist okolo1,5 hours.Drink 50 ml 3-4 times a day.
- take daily bath with a rich broth of Rhodiola rosea.
- in water baths can be added as a decoction of juniper fruit.Duration of treatment - from an hour to 40 minutes.
- Cut leaf aloe, squeeze the juice from them, soak them gauze and inserted into the vagina.Keep overnight.
- Based peony flowers cook alcohol tincture, add three tablespoons of funds to 500 ml of boiled and cooled to room temperature water.The resulting solution was carried out daily douching.