- reasons gonartroza
- Symptoms gonartroza
- Degrees gonartroza
- Diagnosis and treatment of gonarthrosis
- Complications gonartroza
- Traditional methods of treatment of gonarthrosis
By arthrosis of the knee joint (other names, gonarthrosis and deforming arthrosis)It refers to degenerative-dystrophic process localized in hyaline cartilage of the joint cover, which leads to the gradual destruction of cartilage loss and loss of tissue elastic properties it.Knee arthrosis joint space narrowing is observed, which leads to rapid wear of the cartilage.In addition, there is restructuring and deformation of bone tissue with the formation of osteophytes (spikes), which upon reaching a certain size limit movement in the joint, causing pain.If untreated, the disease process progresses, it leads to the disappearance of cartilage and exposed underlying bone and formation of the so-called osteophytes.Eventually, joint deformity occurs, which is why the disease got its name.
Today it is the most common type of osteoarthritis, thus decided to allocate primary and secondary osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Primary gonarthrosis develops against the background of everyday life.Suffering, as a rule, older people, with women more often than men.By the development of disease faced by people with obesity and increased body weight.
- Secondary gonarthrosis develops after knee joint injury or suffering a disease (for example, "articular mouse" chondromatosis joints, arthritis of various etiologies).
Risk factors for the disease should include:
- old age;
- weight gain;
- Moved knee injury;
- removal of the meniscus;
- professional sport;
- heavy physical exertion;
- long position or squatting on his knees;
- impressive lift cargoes;
- frequent climbs the stairs.
Symptoms In the early stages of the disease the patient does not notice the presence of pronounced pain.For several years, patients periodically worried about pain in the knee when climbing stairs, when picked up from his chair, long walks, pain worse in the evening.
Osteoarthritis is accompanied by:
- ache and crunch (in the early stages of the crunch can not be heard at a distance, while the progression of the disease crunch is heard even others);
- joint swelling (which could be evidence of arthritis, but in this case it occurs only during exacerbations and is always accompanied by aching pain).
should be noted that the swelling is visible from the outside, that gives a lot of inconvenience to the patient.
At later stages there are changes in gait, unsteadiness on standing, difficulty in bending the knee joint deformity.to the content ↑
There are three degrees of gonarthrosis:
- 1 degree (joint bones are not deformed, but are marked periodic severe pain and swelling is observed);
- 2 degree (pain even with the slightest exertion, increased walking and lifting weights, sometimes there is a crunch, there are difficulties with the passage of time in flexion);
- 3 degree (constant pain, strong, broken difficult, as patients rather difficult to find a comfortable position, the joint responds to weather conditions, the mobility is reduced, sometimes to a minimum, deformed bones).
There arthroscopic classification:
- 1 degree (with joint inspection probe is determined by the softening of the cartilage tissue);
- 2 degree (on the surface gaps and cracks are determined);
- grade 3 (modified cartilage, and the bone is normal);
- grade 4 (defined areas on the surface, where there is no cartilage).
Diagnosis and treatment of gonarthrosis
Diagnosis is made on the basis of complaints and examination of the patient, the results of laboratory research.In addition, carry out X-ray and ultrasound joint.
The basis of the treatment of gonarthrosis is getting rid of the major risk factors that can slow or stop the progression of the disease.
- drug therapy;
- helper methods;
- folk remedies;
- surgical techniques.
When gonarthrosis observed loss of glycosaminoglycans, which leads to prescription of drugs and glycosaminoglycans chondroitin acid.In rare cases, the presence of intra-articular administration of hormones (hydrocortisone) patients assigned reactive arthritis.
removing and reducing pain appointed NSAIDs, analgesics and ointments.To improve blood flow to patients administered venotoniki and drugs that regulate the status of the vessels.
In cases where conservative treatment has not brought results, patients performed arthroscopy, in which the joint is washed, causing osteophytes are removed and destroyed parts.This method manages to improve the condition of patients at two years, with the low-traumatic surgery and almost painful.
sometimes resorted to the osteotomy, which is shown in the defeat of only the inside or the outside of the knee joint.
In advanced cases, joint replacement patients is shown, which helps the patient to stand up, move around and feel almost healthy.to the content ↑
With the destruction of the knee is broken spine biomechanics and other joints, which often leads to a herniated disc and arthritis of other joints.to the content ↑
Traditional methods of treatment of gonarthrosis
- packs of blue clay , for the preparation of which is necessary to impose a wooden spoon a mixture of creamy consistency of water and clay to the gauze.Compress applied in this form for two hours at the knee.Every day, new clay is taken.
- infusion of dandelion , for the preparation of which requires a bottle of dark glass head filled with yellow dandelions, and then fill them with vodka.Infuse in a dark place for 30 days, at the end of strain.Rub the knees before bedtime daily.
- Compress horseradish , for the preparation of which would require shredding conventional horseradish roots, and then put them on a small fire steamed, the water should not boil.The composition is laid out on a gauze and applied to the knee.The course is 15 days or more.