- Causes of neurodermatitis
- disease stage of the disease
- Symptoms of neurodermatitis
- criteria used to diagnose
- diseases Treatment of neurodermatitis
- Prevention and forecast
Atopic refers to a chronic skin disease that hasneuro-allergic origin, manifested papular rash characterized by severe itching.In modern literature can be found another name of the disease - atopic dermatitis.For the disease characterized by seasonality manifestations: acute in winter, summer - remission.
Causes of neurodermatitis
disease develops in individuals with a genetic predisposition to atopy (increased amounts of IgE), is recurrent in nature and age characteristics of the clinical picture.According to statistics, about 40% of skin diseases related to neurodermatitis.This ailment in particular susceptible children and adolescents.In rare cases, the disease disappears after puberty.
To date, the exact cause of neurodermatitis is not set, but isolated predisposing factors:
- neurovascular changes;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- disorders of the central nervous system;
- neuroendocrine disorders;
- weakened immunity;
- wrong diet;
- physical stress;
- long mental stress.
Neurodermatitis is divided into:
- diffuse (manifestations are localized on the hands, face, knees, neck);
- limited (manifestations occur in limited areas);
- linear (localized to the lower and upper limbs);
- hypertrophic (manifested in the groin area);
- psoriaziformny (manifestations are localized on the head and face, the skin is covered with small scales).
stages of the disease
- initial stage;
- stage of pronounced changes (acute or chronic phase);
- remission (complete or partial remission);
- clinical recovery.
As the severity of atopic disease is divided into:
- severe degree.
Symptoms of neurodermatitis
Among the first symptoms of neurodermatitis should include rash, accompanied by severe itching in the neck, which over time apply to cheeks, forehead, eyelids and mouth area.By the next eruption sites include the genital area, the crook of the elbow, buttocks, knee bent.The skin on the affected area begins to peel off, turns red.In severe cases, patients can identify bubbles that leave behind a thin dried crust.
In rare cases, the skin is so strong that the patient can not control themselves, as a result of brushing the affected area, which starts to get wet, but fairly quickly it dries.Due raschёsov the affected areas of the skin grow coarse.
It should be noted that patients with neurodermatitis sometimes darken, due to the negative impact on the adrenal glands.
In addition, the disease is accompanied by fatigue, apathy to the world, weakness, low blood pressure, a decrease in the level of glucose in the blood.Sometimes neurodermatitis results in the lymph vessels and the layering of other diseases.These complications include pyoderma, viral infections, fungal lesions.to the content ↑
criteria used to diagnose the disease
to greater criteria include:
- chronic relapsing course of the disease;
- atopic diseases among relatives;
- typical localization of lesions (neck, face, upper and lower limbs, groin, elbow fossa, on earlobes, scalp, popliteal fossa);
- typical morphology of lesions;
- itching (even with minimal changes in the skin).
For small criteria, which are characterized by the additional features include:
- increase in IgE levels;
- peeling, ichthyosis and xerosis;
- white dermographism;
- itching when sweating;
- beginning signs of the disease at an early age;
- frequent skin infections of history;
- dark circles under the eyes (so-called allergic glow).
Treatment of neurodermatitis
disease necessarily requires medical treatment, which consists in:
- systemic pharmacotherapy;
- external therapy;
Diet therapy involves the use of hypoallergenic products, and the exclusion of the daily diet foods that provoke allergic reactions (eg, citrus fruits, chocolate, colored candy, etc.).
Pharmacotherapy involves the appointment:
- antihistamines (suprastin, zirteks, klaretin);
- membrane stabilizing drugs;
- drugs, normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- immunomodulating agents;
- drugs that regulate the central nervous system;
- systemic corticosteroids (appointed only for special indications, in very advanced cases).
When neurodermatitis justified the appointment of sedatives (tincture of Leonurus, novopassit, valerian tablets).
should be noted that only medical treatment for recovery is not enough, so you need to avoid increased physical activity, stress, enhance the immune system (tempering), to deal with depressive thoughts and moods, to observe the correct mode of the day.to the content ↑
Prevention and forecast
prevention of neurodermatitis is to prevent sensitization of the child (especially for those families where there is a predisposition to a variety of allergic reactions), in a timely and adequate treatment of children who have early signs of the disease, the prevention of the diseaseto complicated forms.
Practice shows that approximately 60% of children with neurodermatitis after puberty marked a full recovery, whereas in the rest of the disease takes a chronic relapsing course.
It should be noted that the period of onset of effect on the further clinical presentation and prognosis.The earlier a child's disease made its debut, the less favorable prognosis and the smaller the probability that after maturation is complete recovery.