- Symptoms of lupus
- Treatment of lupus
Systemic lupus erythematosus is characterized by inadequate production of antibodies in the human body.Instead of the body's immune system fighting bacteria and viruses, penetrating into the body, it begins to produce antibodies against the normal cells.In turn, this leads to problems with the tissues and organs, severe inflammation and malfunction of the whole organism.The disease is a chronic, it may be accompanied by acute episodes of the process or prolonged sluggish current manifestations.Lupus is not contagious, so there's no fear of patients with this disease.
lupus occurs more often in women of childbearing age, the disease is diagnosed in men are eight times less.If lupus erythematosus there is a small child, there must be urgent treatment becausedisease in children occurs in severe and without timely medical assistance to the child may die.
disease Speaking about the causes of lupus, it is worth noting that scientists are not exactly established genetic transformation, in which, and failures occur.On the basis of available data, analytical way, you can install some of the factors that can trigger the disease.These include:
- Viral infections;
- radiation exposure, excessive presence in the solarium or in direct sunlight;
- Hormonal dysfunction (eg, the stabilization of the cycle in adolescent girls, in childbirth);
Symptoms of lupus
The disease can be expressed in several forms, which have different symptoms.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus characterized by lesions of the connective tissue and its basic elements, as well as the blood vessels (the wall), the internal organs.Since the lesion area is quite wide, and the symptoms are very diverse.Among the most common symptoms of systemic lupus erythematosus arthritis note, changes in the heart (heart inflammation of membranes), disorders of the liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract, a serious disease of the nervous system.The main symptom of systemic lupus - skin lesions, mucous membranes, muscles and joints.Most patients have a rash, swelling and pain.If such spots appear on the face, they often form a "butterfly effect" - redness of the face around the nose and cheeks that resembles the outline of a butterfly.These symptoms are only part of the symptom.Even after some time joined by features such as long, nagging fever, fatigue, weakness, swelling of the lymph nodes, emaciation, hair loss and brittle nails, pain when breathing, swelling of the face, lower limbs, blurred vision, headache, memory problems, convulsions, depression, photophobia, blue with cold extremities and stress bleeding.This list of common symptoms, does not mean that they will be fully set to appear in each patient.In most cases the disease begins with the appearance of weakness, fever, loss of appetite and sleep.However, a set of attributes doctor may suspect the disease and diagnose it in time.The emergence of various symptoms depending on the nature of the disease and its extent.
- discoid lupus erythematosus - the least dangerous form.In this disease, internal organs and tissues are not affected.Causes of the disease can not be accurately set, however, examined the factors contributing to the appearance of discoid lupus erythematosus.These include infection, infestation by parasites, exposure, heredity, exposure to adverse external factors, disorders of the endocrine system.Most often, the disease is expressed by the appearance of red spots on the skin that are not painful when pressed.Appearing, these spots may be multiple and may merge into one big blur.Then patches are dried and covered with scales that flake off.Most of the discount when the skin suffers from lupus, as it becomes thinner and can be formed on the surface of the scars, which are difficult to get rid of.The disease can occur in waves - with periods of exacerbation of the spring and summer and latent periods in the fall and winter.The disease is treated with corticosteroids, aminoholinovyh, vitamins, hepatic.
- Drug lupus triggered by prolonged use of certain medications, where the disease got its name.Most often suffer from lupus drug epileptics, consumptive, cores.They are taking medications that can trigger disease, - procainamide, Apressin, chlorpromazine, Trimetin, Isoniazid, Nicotinamide.The disease affects the skin and lung tissue.The first symptom that arises - it negeneralizirovannye spots on the skin (on the neck, on elbows, back and chest, face).Under the influence of sunlight the skin peeled from the surface stains.In severe cases, there are symptoms of glomerulonephritis, pleurisy and pneumonitis
Treatment of lupus
After the doctor will examine your skin, gather medical history and conduct necessary laboratory tests, it can be argued that there lupus erythematosus.Treat the disease should immediately because further development may not only seriously harm human health, and in some cases lead to death (with the defeat of the liver and kidneys).The main drugs that are used in the treatment - anti-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroids and drugs that suppress the immune system.Topically to the skin is applied to the zinc or prednisolone ointment.Appointed by drugs such as dexamethasone, Rezohin, Sinalar, flumethasone, vitamins, prednisolone.If you have a case of lupus drug, it is necessary to stop the drug that caused this reaction, to carry out local treatment of the skin, etc.